I trained at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine in Reading and have a BSc. in Acupuncture, the degree course takes 3 and a half years to complete and is accredited by Kingston University. The style of acupuncture that I practice is a combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Five Element Acupuncture. I also have a diploma in Tui Na which is a form of Chinese acupressure massage, this can be used to treat a range of conditions and can be used instead of needles. Currently, I am studying Chinese Herbal Medicine and hope to be using this in my practice in years to come.
I regularly attend additional training courses to update my skills, courses I have attended recently include:
- Acupuncture and IVF – Jill Glover
- Acupuncture for Gynaecology and Fertility – Jani White
- Zita West training seminar on Acupuncture for Fertility and Pregnancy.
- An Introduction to the use of Trigger Point Acupuncture for Myofascial Pain Course taught by Jennie Longbottom Msc, Bsc, MMEd FCSP, MBAcC.
- Further Studies in Obstetric Acupuncture – Debra Betts.
- Spine Examination and Treatment Seminar – Tony Brewer
- Needling Skills Seminar – Charlie Buck
- Lecture on The Ten Months of Gestation from Ancient and Modern Perspectives with Debra Betts and Sabine Wilms at the School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster
- Channel Palpation – Jason Robertson.